Rhebokskloof dates back to 19 August 1692, when Simon van der Stel, then governor of the Cape, awarded a free grant of land to Dirk van Schalkwyk. The initial large piece of land was divided into six different farms between the First and Second World Wars, and sold off. The original farm was only reclaimed in 1986, when new owners bought back the other five farms. An early dwelling on the farm built around 1692 has since been restored as the main homestead.