In this difficult time it is really hard to determine what to do, we are all in unchartered waters but what we want to do is remain open – we have enough space for social distancing, our staff are extremely aware of the health risk both to themselves and to you our guests and we want to provide a place where you can escape the confines of your home or work space and spread out a little on our lawns or put some distance between yourselves and everyone else and take a hike, trail run or MTB ride through the vineyards on the many trails.
So what have we done to ensure your health is protected and you have a good time:
• Hand sanitizing stations are available before entering the premises
and all visitors are required to sanitize their hands before entering.
• We are ensuring that our venue is adequately cleaned and sanitized
at all times, sanitizing of credit card machines, door handles and all surfaces.
• We have Covid19 placards at all visible points reminding all of us what we should and should not be doing.
• All surfaces, tables, counter tops will be sanitized on a regular basis and before you sit down for a meal.
• In order to manage the number of people on the property we would prefer you to make a booking but the guard at the gate will let you know if we have space if you happen to drive past – we will limit our Restaurant to no more than 30 guests.
• If you want to pop in to buy a bottle of our fabulous wine, we have plenty of space (and wine), plenty of social distancing, there is no limitation but we do have to close by 6pm on normal days , you will have to buy a bottle and enjoy your sundowner at home. On Sundays and Public holidays from 1pm onwards, I am afraid we can’t even sell you a bottle to take home. On a lighter note we have wonderful home-produced grape juice and non-alcoholic beverages for you to enjoy.
• We are still all about service and our staff will do this from a discreet distance at all times. A smile can be seen from across a room.
• Our menu and wine card are presented on a black board to exclude any unnecessary shared surface contact and we are busy developing a take-away menu – watch this space.
• Our tables will be set only once the guests have been seated.
Our opening times are:
Weekdays: 9am – 6pm
Sundays: 9am – 6pm but no alcohol or wine tasting after 1pm
Public Holidays: 9am – 6pm but no alcohol or wine tasting after 1pm.
We will do all in our power to ensure that you and your family and friends have as little exposure to Covid-19 as is possible, but we cannot anticipate every eventuality and certainly if you also do not do your part. We implore you, if you in any way feel unwell, please rather stay at home, you not only put your family at risk but all those around you.