Job posted: 15 November 2023
The Pastry Chef will report to the Executive Chef
A busy restaurant on an estate, in the Paarl area, is in need of a hard-working, self-motivated, Pastry Chef to join their team.
The ideal candidate for this position is creative, enthusiastic, and passionate about uncomplicated real food. We believe in farm-to-table and supporting local suppliers.
Those with previous industry experience and are looking for a new adventure, are encouraged to apply.
- Develop menus and recipes in collaboration with the executive chef.
- Ensuring adequacy of mise-en-place
- Follow the guidance of the executive chef and have input on new ways of presentation of dishes
- Put effort into optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards
- Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production.
- Assists other kitchen staff as the need arises
- Stay current on restaurant and industry trends
- Identify new culinary techniques and presentations
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation
- Report the need for maintenance to appropriate staff
Qualifications and Skills:
- Culinary degree
- 2 years in a professional kitchen
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of current restaurant trends, suppliers, and industry players
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
- Maintains a good energy level
- Good communication
If you are passionate about food, wine, and the hospitality industry, and you have previous kitchen experience, then we want to hear from you. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.